Saturday, May 18, 2013

The Veggie Garden Chronicles: Cherry Tomatoes

As some of you might know, I have been growing a veggie garden on my rooftop in Shanghai. Since I can only grow in pots, I have been sticking to plants that do well in containers and have been surprised at how well these little guys can do with very little space and a minimum of attention!


These little cherry tomatoes were a lot sweeter than any store-bought ones!

My cherry tomato plant is doing really well and I was surprised to find a lot of the little tomatoes were already ripe this weekend. There are also loads more on the plant that are still too green for picking.

So cute and sweet, straight from the garden to the bowl! I found that a few of the tomatoes got pecked on by birds and it actually made me really happy that the little fellows might be finding some reprieve from this gray urban landscape on my rooftop!

No comments:

Post a Comment